Pests, such as rodents, can cause serious damage to your business by gnawing on electrical wiring, chewing through storage containers, and contaminating food. They can also carry diseases that can be harmful to both humans and pets. In this article, we will outline the steps you can take to prevent rodents from invading your business in Garland.
Inspect Your Premises Regularly
The first step in preventing a rodent infestation is to regularly inspect your premises. Look for signs of gnawing, droppings, and nests. Pay special attention to areas where food is stored, as rodents are attracted to the smell of food. If you do find evidence of rodents, it’s important to act quickly to prevent the problem from getting worse.
Seal Entry Points
Rodents can squeeze through tiny gaps and holes, so it’s important to inspect your premises thoroughly and seal any entry points. Use steel wool, foam, or another suitable material to fill holes and cracks in walls, floors, and ceilings. Make sure to seal gaps around doors and windows, and fix any damaged screens.
If you have a business in the Garland, TX area and are needing assistance with sealing or finding potential rodent entry points, Preferred Pest Management offers commercial pest control services in the Garland, TX area and has been keeping Garland businesses rodent free since 2020.
Store Food Properly
Food is one of the main attractants for rodents, so it’s important to store food properly. Keep all food in sealed containers, and make sure to clean up any spills or crumbs immediately. Don’t leave food out overnight, and make sure to dispose of any food waste in a sealed container.
Keep Your Business Clean
A clean business is less likely to attract rodents, so make sure to keep your premises tidy and free of clutter. Vacuum regularly, and mop up any spills or messes immediately. Store all food waste in a sealed container, and dispose of it regularly.
Consider Using Rodent Control Services
There are a number of effective rodent repellents available, including ultrasonic devices and natural remedies such as peppermint oil. Consider using these products in conjunction with the other measures outlined in this article to keep rodents at bay.
If these repellents fail, you may need to hire a professional commercial rodent control company, as they have access to more products than the general public. Additionally, they deal with rodents on a daily basis, so their expertise could be beneficial.
Rodents can cause serious damage to your Garland, TX business, so it’s important to take steps to prevent an infestation. Regularly inspect your premises, seal any entry points, store food properly, keep your business clean, and consider using rodent control services. By following these simple steps, you can protect your business from the damaging effects of rodents.
Live in the Garland, TX area and dealing with a rodent problem in your business? Contact us today to give rodents their eviction notice today.
- What are the most common signs of a rodent infestation?
- The most common signs of a rodent infestation include gnaw marks, droppings, and nests.
- How can I prevent rodents from entering my business?
- To prevent rodents from entering your business, you should inspect your premises regularly, seal any entry points, store food properly, keep your business clean, and consider using rodent repellents.
- What materials can I use to seal entry points in my business?
- You can use steel wool, foam, or another suitable material to seal entry points in your business.
- What should I do if I find evidence of a rodent infestation in my business?
- If you find evidence of a rodent infestation in your business, it’s important to act quickly to prevent the problem from getting worse. You should contact a pest control professional to help you resolve the problem.
- Can rodents carry diseases that are harmful to humans?
- Yes, rodents can carry diseases that are harmful to both humans and pets. To protect your business and your customers, it’s important to take steps to prevent a rodent infestation.
|Continue for Pricing →|