Ant Control Garland, TX
Searching for Ant Control Near Me? The Search Stops Here!
Find out why we are the Preferred pest control company in the Garland, TX area since 2020.
Table of Contents
Carpenter ants are one of the most common pests that invade homes across the Garland, TX area. These ants are known for their ability to create extensive nests and cause significant structural damage to buildings. They are attracted to moist or decaying wood, and if left unchecked, they can cause severe damage to your home.
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about carpenter ants, their behavior, and how to keep them out of your home. We will also explain how we at Preferred Pest Management can help you manage these pests with our Garland ant control service.
What are Carpenter Ants?
Carpenter ants are a species of ant that nests in moist, decaying, or hollow wood. They are generally larger than other species of ants, ranging from 3/8 to 1/2 inch in length. These ants are usually black or red, but some species may have a combination of both colors.
Unlike termites, carpenter ants do not eat wood. Instead, they excavate tunnels and galleries in the wood to create their nests. They prefer to nest in dead or decaying wood, but they can also create nests in sound wood, especially if it is moist.
Carpenter ants are active during the night and are usually seen foraging for food during the spring and summer months. They prefer sweet and sugary foods, but they also feed on protein-based foods, such as insects and other small animals.
Happy Pest Control Customers All Over DFW
Griffin was attentive and knowledgeable. He discussed everything with thorough details so we could understand. And pointed out potential problem areas of our house so we could be aware. Pricing is in line with competitors, however, the customer service is top-notch with Preferred Pest Management.– Stephanie D in Richardson, TX
Griffin and his team did an AMAZING job getting rid of the rats with their House Seal Up. Griffin is very professional, knowledgeable, and has Great Service! Thank you for removing this rat nightmare from our house!– Matt in Wylie, TX
We just moved to Rockwall, Tx only to be greeted and welcomed to the Community by several wasp nests. A quick google search gave me several phone numbers but Preferred Pest was the first to respond and took the extra time to explain his services and prices. The next day he showed up early and worked his magic! So happy and appreciative for Preferred Pest. Thank you– Rosy in Rockwall, TX
Preferred Pest Management knows their stuff!! We contracted Moxie Pest Control to get rid of water bugs and for almost TWO years they COULDN’T get it done!! Called Preferred Pest and I’m so GLAD we did! I addressed my concerns with Griffin, who was very professional and knowledgeable. Of course I had my doubts, I thought just another guy trying to make a sale. However, Griffin proved me wrong!! Within 3 or 4 days I began to see dead water bugs just as Griffin said!!! To be fair and give Griffin credit, he said I would start to see them in 7 days, so I can’t tell you how excited I was to finally see results ….. EXACTLY WHAT I ASKED FOR!! I’m a customer for life! Oh and did I mention, their prices are ALOT LESS!– Lucy in Rowlett, TX
– Artisha in Rowlett, TX
Looking for a pest company. Found Preferred Pest Management with good reviews and decided to call them. Griffin returned my call promptly and was actually able to come out same day. Very satisfied with his responsiveness and professionalism.– Steve in Garland, TX
I have worked with Preferred Pest multiple times and Griffin Thomas is always very professional and the best you will find. I like that I can send him a text message and if he is busy, he will get back to me. Very glad to recommend Preferred Pest for any pest control needs.– Debbie Newton in Rockwall, TXServices: Home inspection, Rodent extermination, General wildlife removal
Very responsive and professional. The work was performed quickly, and the communication from the Owner was excellent. Our squirrel problem was taken care of fast and professionally. Would not hesitate to use their services again. Highly recommend.– Patti P. in Rockwall, TX
Preferred Pest Management came out and was able to get rid of our ant and other insect problems in one visit. We used other companies in the past and never completely got rid of the problem. Griffin found the source of the ant problem and showed us how to reduce the risk of them returning after treatment.– Leslie V.
Griffin is reliable and on time with his service. He would send a reminder text before coming out. We have not seen any pest issues at our place. We also renewed our contract because of their fair pricing and professionalism! Thanks, Griffin!– TT Nguyen
Excellent, thorough- and friendly. Answered all questions that I had took time to talk with me explain to me what was going on and what they were doing and what would come next. Couldn’t ask for a better experience I’m back at my home already and very satisfied! Would recommend to anybody for any need of pest control.– Tamy L. in Plano, TX
Griffin has always been extremely professional, responsive to all my messages, and timely to all appointments. He’s addressed all of our concerns with a kind and caring approach. The subscription model is very affordable and we don’t feel as if we are being processed gouged like some services out there. I highly recommend Griffin at Preferred Pest Control.– Michelle H. in Royse City, TX
Preferred Pest Management was very helpful recently when I discovered fleas in my house. They gave great advice and were happy to answer all my questions. They were very clear about what to expect from the process. Highly recommended.– Christy in Plano, TX
How to Identify Carpenter Ant Infestations?
Identifying a carpenter ant infestation is crucial to prevent severe damage to your home. Here are some signs of carpenter ant infestations:
- Sawdust: Carpenter ants create sawdust-like debris as they excavate tunnels in the wood. If you notice small piles of sawdust around your home, it is a sign of carpenter ant activity.
- Rustling Sounds: Carpenter ants make rustling sounds as they move around inside the wood. You may be able to hear these sounds if you listen carefully.
- Presence of Ants: If you see large black or red ants around your home, it could be a sign of carpenter ant activity. These ants are usually more active during the night and are attracted to sweet or sugary foods.
- Damaged Wood: Carpenter ants excavate tunnels in the wood to create their nests. If you notice damaged or hollow wood around your home, it could be a sign of carpenter ant activity.
How to Keep Carpenter Ants Out of Your Garland Home?
Preventing carpenter ant infestations is crucial to avoid damage to your home. Here are some tips to keep carpenter ants out of your home:
- Keep Your Home Dry: Carpenter ants prefer moist or decaying wood. Keeping your home dry can prevent them from creating nests inside the wood. Repair any leaks or moisture issues in your home, especially in the basement or attic.
- Trim Trees and Shrubs: Carpenter ants can use tree branches or shrubs to gain access to your home. Trim any trees or shrubs that are in contact with your home.
- Seal Cracks and Gaps: Carpenter ants can enter your home through cracks and gaps in the foundation, windows, or doors. Seal any cracks or gaps in your home to prevent ants from entering.
- Store Food Properly: Carpenter ants are attracted to sweet or sugary foods. Store food in airtight containers to prevent ants from accessing it.
- Call Preferred Pest Management: The best way to keep carpenter ants out of your home is to contact a professional pest control company like Preferred Pest Management. They can inspect your home for signs of carpenter ants and develop a customized treatment plan to eliminate the infestation. Learn more about our pest control service in Garland, TX here.
How Can Preferred Pest Management Help?
We are a professional pest control company that specializes in managing carpenter ant infestations. Here are some ways Preferred Pest Management can help you:
- Inspection: Preferred Pest Management will inspect your home to identify signs of carpenter ant activity. We will look for sawdust, rustling sounds, presence of ants, and damaged wood.
- Treatment Plan: Preferred Pest Management will develop a customized carpenter ant treatment plan based on the severity of the infestation. We use eco-friendly and effective treatments to eliminate carpenter ants from your home.
- Prevention: Preferred Pest Management can also provide preventive measures to keep carpenter ants from coming back. We can seal cracks and gaps in your home, trim trees and shrubs, and provide tips on how to keep your home dry.
Carpenter Ant Treatment in Garland, TX FAQs
How much does a ant treatment cost in Garland, TX?
Ant control treatments in Garland start as low as $99. Contact us for your personalized quote
Are carpenter ants dangerous?
Carpenter ants are not dangerous to humans, but they can cause significant damage to your home if left unchecked.
How can I prevent carpenter ants from coming back?
To prevent carpenter ants from coming back, you should keep your home dry, seal cracks and gaps, and trim trees and shrubs that are in contact with your home. Preferred Pest Management can also provide preventive measures to keep carpenter ants from coming back to your home in Garland.
Carpenter ants can cause severe damage to your home if left unchecked. Identifying signs of carpenter ant infestations and taking preventive measures can help keep them out of your home.
Calling a professional pest control company like Preferred Pest Management is the best way to eliminate carpenter ants and prevent them from coming back. Live in the Garland, TX area and dealing with a carpenter ant problem? Get your instant quote from the preferred pest control company in Garland in Preferred Pest Management today to schedule an inspection and treatment plan.